Style this week!

Style this week!
Look of the week. A hit!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fashion Week Continued...

So it's October and Spring is already in the air... for fashion that is. Fashion week in Paris, Milan, and NYC have made their debut and here are some highlights that make me want to push right through winter and jump back into these fun feminine looks! Though it's hard to wrap my mind around light bright cloths and pretty patterns when I am currently looking for the perfect leather pants for fall, I have pulled some looks from the spring collections that have gotten my heart racing a little faster. Like the past couple of years, it's an anything goes season, so there's a lot of clutter mixed in with the good.  If you're not good with color and patterns, consult a stylist because it is crazy out there! Some collections look like a hodgepodge of odd miss matched fabrics thrown together that make one wonder if there was a surplus of fabric that needed to get used... hummm. Nevertheless, through all the mess there are some beautiful vibrant colors this spring with interesting lines and lively fabric. Many collections took on a spanish feel: Frida Kahlo meets matador (Moschino)  that meets West Side Story (Bluemarine). The vibrant color and high waisted full skirts with mid-drift showing is so young and fresh, I just LOVE IT! So next season we can all agree to closet the jean shorts; there are some DARLING things to wear! Hope this adds a little inspiration to your closet and a spring in your step this fall! Enjoy!


Norma Kamali
"the top is a perfect spring piece"

Runway
Luisa Beccaria and Lucilla Bonaccorsi
"so feminine and Italian looking"

Runway
Luisa Beccaria and Lucilla Bonaccorsi
"like you are walking down the street of Paris- daytime perfection"

Runway
Luisa Beccaria and Lucilla Bonaccorsi
"This is so fun in the sun or twilight- all that is needed is a yacht and a golden glow"

The Row
"I love the scarf oversized, long, and monochromatic."





Tommy Hilfiger

Runway

Tommy Hilfiger

"This dress is TDF, it's backless and sporty- the perfect spring shift"




Temperley London

Runway

Alice Temperley

"I want to wear this and the look every night with a martini and my long cigaret holder - so chic!"





Blumarine

Runway

Anna Molinari

"How darling is this! I love the print, shoes, and design- LOVE!"

Christian Siriano
"Please, will someone throw a party! I love this skirt with the T and the belt together."

 I love it so much, I had to have it... one of those outfits I'd put on every night and then take off and promise to wear when I drop five pounds... it's so much fun!" 

"it's chic (minus the hat).  I want to put this on and go from work to dinner."




Gianfranco Ferré

Runway

Stefano Citron and Federico Piaggi

"so clean. A great Spring staple good for any occasion"





Blumarine

Runway

Anna Molinari

"I want to wear this to the grocery store and everywhere else- Looooove it! 





Emporio Armani

Runway

Giorgio Armani

"So clean, so chic, and kind of funny."


Runway
Peter Dundas
" Are you kidding, I'm going on a diet yesterday! This is perfection!"





Blumarine

Runway

Anna Molinari

"darling! Let's have tea!"




    Missoni

Runway

Angela Missoni

"If I am to be dragged to Cochella I will only go in Missoni!"




Dsquared²

Runway

Dan and Dean Caten

" if I were 21 this would be my go to... now, I love the blue jacket with a red skirt"





Antonio Marras

" I absolutely love this. A fabulous alternative to black- divine."


Ralph Lauren

Runway

Ralph Lauren

"I loath the painters hat... but it is Ralph at his best - clean , classic and chic."




Elie Tahari

                                                              "I might buy this outfit today!"



Salvatore Ferragamo

Runway

Massimiliano Giornetti

"Stunning"




Salvatore Ferragamo

Runway

Massimiliano Giornetti

"I DIE! Flawless. "




Salvatore Ferragamo

Runway

Massimiliano Giornetti

"I love the colors- pink: sophisticated, not bubble gum- perfect!"

Moschino

Runway

Rossella Jardini

"I love her dress, but love her styling i.e. her yellow bangles , shoes, and hair. It's all so cute."





     Cushnie et Ochs

Runway

Carly Cushnie and Michelle Ochs

"I will always take an LBD with cut outs- it's a staple."

Moschino

Runway

Rossella Jardini

" I want this yesterday- I'll even take the tree in her hair- I LOVE everything!"

                                                    "Love the skirt -hate the top and shoes"




Runway
Christian Siriano
"The best, Look at that yellow!!!"


Runway
Peter Dundas
" The only mullet dress that I have swooned over... It's hot"

Runway
Donna Karan
"This is my fantasy of how I look when I am in NYC. Oh Donna, make it so!" 

Carolina Herrera

Runway

Carolina Herrera

"Please let me go to an event that calls for Carolina Herrera! This is so divine!"





Runway
Christian Siriano
"This will be my second change to that event!" Can you believe that RED! I could die I love this so much! ANd with the shades- so cool. She should just stand in a garden"

Runway
Donna Karan
"Everyone needs these red shoes."




Fendi

Runway

Karl Lagerfeld and Silvia Venturini Fendi

"I like this less than when I first saw it- I'm hot and cold with it."


Emporio Armani

Runway

Giorgio Armani

"chic and effortless but I love the little bit of pattern and textured sweater on top- not quite funky but thats as funky as Armani gets."
 

Bottega Veneta by 

Tomas Maier

"Black tie perfection"

Runway
Peter Dundas
"ANother Pucci perfection piece."
          




Iceberg

Runway

Paolo Gerani

"LOVE the yellow with the black and white and the sequin jacket. It is balanced perfect. The delicate heals are necessary and keep the look light. I typically hate T's with faces, but I'll let it slide with this look because it's really good looking."





Diane von Furstenberg

Runway

Diane von Furstenberg and Yvan Mispelaere

"This is how I would like to go to the beach (BB-Q). I'd put on flops with it but I think its so relaxed and I like the mint... looks fresh!"

Tracy Reese

"I'f I looked like her I would live in this dress! "

Bottega Veneta by 

Tomas Maier

I adore this- this is how I want to roll every day- simply fabulous.

Bottega Veneta by 

Tomas Maier

Look at this blouse! UGhhhhhh, gorgeous!

Collette Dinnigan
                                                         "Mad men martini night- set"
 


Diane von Furstenberg

Runway

Diane von Furstenberg and Yvan Mispelaere

"Easy breezy and sharp." 



Diane von Furstenberg

Runway

Diane von Furstenberg and Yvan Mispelaere

"I just like it"

                               "I was underwhelmed by her collection, but I thought this was adorbs."

Moschino

Runway

Rossella Jardini

"I am loving this skirt! SO Spanish with the heavy black lace... Love."


Oscar de la Renta

Runway

"Classic- vibrant and beautiful."


Oscar de la Renta

Runway

"Love the heavy black with the light red"


Oscar de la Renta

Runway

"Another ball gown with a cropped top- I'll be doing sit ups until spring! I like this color... and her hair"


Stella McCartney

Runway

"This was her signature dress- it's interesting not my very favorite, but I like it."


Yves Saint Laurent

Runway

Stefano Pilati

"This however was one of my very favorites- it is backless and just divine!"


Yves Saint Laurent

Runway

Stefano Pilati

"YSL jumpsuit? Yes Please!"



Dolce & Gabbana

Runway

Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce

"This Dolce number is so fun! Love the trim."


Dolce & Gabbana

Runway

Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce

"I want this so bad! The shoes are a disaster, but LOVE the outfit (gloves are a must with this!)"

Runway
Peter Dundas
"Just another Pucci perfection... the whole line is TDF."




Gianfranco Ferré

Runway

Stefano Citron and Federico Piaggi

"simple but so chic with the monochromatic colors including the bracelets and the sleek silver heals... it's nice in it's simplicity."

1 comment: