Style this week!

Style this week!
Look of the week. A hit!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Beauty Inside to Out... and I don't mean being nice!

So, we all work hard to look our best. We exercise, get our hair highlighted, low lighted, manicures, pedicures, facials, eye creams, night creams, moisturizers and sun-block. We eat our best (most of the time), drink lots of water, meditate, levitate, even read Goop and everything else under the sun to look and feel as fabulous as possible... right?  What I have discovered (or rediscovered) is that if we put as much care into what we put in our bodies as what we do on the outside of our bodies, the results are tenfold. It makes perfect sense, so I'm not sure why I was shocked when I saw results! I'm going to share with you this insanely addictive and effective elixir cocktail that I discovered just a few months ago that I believe is worth it's weight in gold. 


Here's the short version of my story: I was going to a fabulous wedding in Malibu, with fabulous people,  where I wanted to look particularly fabulous. Such as life, my face was broken out and I felt just kind of blah. So, I went into Erewhon Natural Food Market on Beverly Blvd. to the elixir/ tonic bar. I told them I needed to look beautiful and feel better in 4 days and she cooked me up this tremendous cocktail. The rest is history; I came back  over the next 2 weeks for (now menu item) "The Beauty Drink," and not only did my face clear up but it looked positively luminous. Since then, I drink it at least 4 days a week, and I not only look better, but I feel so much better. I have added a few more things to the original drink to tailor it to my needs, but I will give you the basics and then give you what I added.

The Chinese say we have three treasures:  Jing, Qi, and the Shen- essence, energy and spirit. These tonic herbs support just that, so all aspects of true beauty can be brought to fruition and allowed to flourish. If the body is healthy and happy, we are happy, and in turn our hair nails and skin radiate health and happiness.

I hope this helps you as much as it has helped me!
Lots and lots of love,
Katy

Here's the gang on my kitchen counter waiting to be blended together! You add a cup of almond milk (a cup of fozen berries if you like) and the below items! 
 These are two great sweeteners- either will due. One is very low calorie processed naturally, the other is good old-fashioned date and figs. The latter are scrumptious, but add calories, so I suggest only 1-2.

Jing Herbs for Beauty: Enhance skin elasticity, relieve skin inflammation, promote blood circulation which nourishes the skin cells, and promote moisture which keeps the skin hydrated and less likely to wrinkle.These are ancient chinese herbs used for centuries for beauty purposes in capsule form.
Just unscrew the capsule and dump in blender. 
This is fantastic! This is collagen. Many of us use creams with it, many of us inject it in our skin. By ingesting it you are promoting the natural generation of collegian... I add a few more drops than directed. Aids in skin , nails, hair and joints, basically improves the whole body... including wrinkles! 
 Goji berries! YUM. Himalayan super food. This berry can do it all: cancer fighter, memory builder, helps eyes, helps protect DNA, promotes weight loss, increases libido (hell yea!), makes you feel happy, stimulates HGH in your body, longevity, health and endurance... just use it.
You can get the berries or the powder... I get the powder because I snack on the berries too much (notice the empty bag above).
                  
Rice Bran Solubles (or TOGOs) -SO this is pretty rad too. It does everything but in short has all the nutrients to help fight aging and degenerative diseases 


Camu- Best natural source of vitamine C from a plant. Supports the immune system and has been known to be a mood lifter. Does other great stuff too.

Organic sulphur said to create a luminous effect on the skin. It's toxicity is the same level as water... the lowest in the world. Great for hair skin and nails. (Don't overdose on this as a side effect of too much can cause anxiety and other maladies).

This is the final boost: Pearl powder. It helps skin, stabilizes emotions, quiets uneasiness, improves sight, helps heart burn, detoxes, cure inflammation, relieve pain, regenerate tissue, rejuvenate skin, beauty completion, anti aging, prolong life expectancy... gives the skin a perl like luminous glow... yes please!



EVERY THING BELOW IS EXTRA STUFF I ADDED.
A little probiotic never hurt anyone, especially healthy digestion. 
MACA- On the nutritional side of things, this root is chock full of vitamins and minerals that are essential to the health of the human body. Minerals including calcium, magnesium, and iron are all found in maca, in addition to C vitamin and vitamins B1, B2, B6, and B12. All of these nutrients are important parts of the body’s function.
Cinnamon-  Can lower LDL Cholesterol , helps lower blood sugar, helps with arthritis, anti blood clotting, boosts cognitive function and memory, and a whole bunch more things... and it tastes so good!
These are just some of the benefits of vanilla: weight loss aid, reduces anxiety and stress, healing wounds, regulates menstruation... and it's delish!

Protein Whey powder- This is used if you want to make the drink into a meal replacer. Add a scoop of this or any whey powder you like, a little ice, and a cup of frozen berries and a cup of almond milk.


 
This is how I store it in my cabinet so I can just take the basket out and get going without forgetting anything!
This is the final drink. You just add a cup of almond milk and blend all the items listed above for a fantastic beauty elixir! 

Let me know what you think, I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts! 
Enjoy! 

P.S. I should probably also tell you to check with your doctor before starting any new diet or new supplements.
so, you should. :-)
xo,
K

6 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds amazing!!! Is there any way to buy it already made? I'm lazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca,
    You can go to Erewhon Natural Food Market on Beverly Blvd (by the Grove) and they have it on the menu now (The Beauty Drink)! They have other fabulous elixirs as well for all kinds of things. You can tell her what's going on and she will make you a special one... so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I will check it out! I may just buy the ingredients and mix up a batch myself :)I want to print this out. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, as an allergen/intolerant sister, I am SO EXCITED! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven and I shopped for ingredients, today! Thanks!!
    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to have to try this as soon as I pop this baby out! :)

    ReplyDelete